City Council to meet Tuesday, May 26, at 6:30 at Fire Station & using Zoom
Meeting will be held using the remote conferencing app “Zoom” for public access and will be recorded. Council Members may meet at the Fire Station, 125 N. Valley, with social distancing rules where applicable, or participate in the meeting through Zoom.
- 6:30 p.m. – Call to Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of April 27, 2020 meeting
- Public comments, concerns, & communication-
- Fire Department
- Well No. 3
- Consider Resolution R-2020-02 – GAAP WAIVER FOR 2020
- Consider Ordinance No. 674 – AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE ZONING REGULATIONS OF THE CITY OF CUNNINGHAM, KANSAS, AS ORIGINALLY ADOPTED BY ORDINANCE NO. 601, AND INCORPORATING AS A PART THEREOF AN AMENDMENT TO SECTION 6-100-B1 PERTAINING TO INCREASING THE MAXIMUM PERMITTED SIZE OF A DETACHED GARAGE ON RESIDENTIAL LOTS.
- Executive session – personnel (If needed. Conference call can be set up if necessary for those not present at the Fire Station).
- Annual appointments by Mayor — Positions currently held or recommendations as noted
- Water & Sewer commissioners (2): Tim Schultz & Karl Vierthaler
- Street commissioner: Jason Ruckle
- Parks & Swimming Pool commissioners (2): Bart Ricke & Matt Westerhaus
- Community Center Board representative (1): Aaron Murphy
- Library Board (2) Library Board recommends appointment of Rogene Jarmer and Ingrid Ricke
- Recreation Board (3): Shawna Sterneker, Randy Thimesch, & Vicki Oldham
- Tree Board (3): Angela Murphy, Eric Meyers, Rita Strohl
- City Forester: Eric Meyers
- Property Officer: Jackie Ruckle
- Animal Control Officer: …………………
- Clerk: David Steffen
- Treasurer: Eric Meyers
- Attorney: Graffman & Smith, L.L.C.
- Municipal Judge: James D. Mathis
- Official Depository: Ninnescah Valley Bank, Cunningham
- Official Newspaper: Cunningham Courier
- League of Municipalities delegate: Aaron Murphy
- LKM alternate: Jason Ruckle
- Elect President of Council: Jason Ruckle
- 4th of July Hamburger Fry
- City Hall – Restroom & Repairs
- Swimming Pool
- Planning & Zoning
- Financial Report & payment of bills
Kingman County Public Health is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak and is working in concert with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Local Law Enforcement agencies, Kingman School Officials, Kingman Emergency Management, Kingman Community Hospital and local Health Care providers to help keep our residents healthy and safe. For the latest information and resources go to: http://kdheks.gov/coronavirus
The Kingman County Health Department is available and ready to address individual concerns. For immediate questions and concerns call:
- Kingman Health Department: 620-532-2221
- Kingman Community Hospital: 620-532-3147
- More questions? Call Kingman County Health Department at 620-532-2221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information:
CDC – For updates and information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, visit the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/
KDHE – For the latest updates and information related to COVID-19, visit the Kansas Department of Health and Environment’s COVID-19 Resource Center
Kingman County – For updates and information related to COVID-19 from the Kingman County Health Department, visit the Kingman County webpage https://www.kingmancoks.org/
Pratt County – For updates and information from the Pratt County Health Department, visit https://www.prattcounty.org/153/Health-Department
Kansas Governor’s Executive Orders – To read the full text of any of Governor Kelly’s executive orders, visit https://governor.kansas.gov/newsroom/executive-orders/
HELP WANTED :
Public Works Operator
City of Cunningham (pop. 454) is accepting applications for a Public Works Operator. This position will work with the City Superintendent and is responsible for all aspects of city maintenance including water, wastewater, streets, parks, city-owned vehicles, buildings, and other property.
This is a full-time position. Benefits include family health insurance, KPERS retirement, sick leave, vacation, and seven paid holidays. Starting wage is based on qualifications and experience.
Applicant must have or be able to obtain Kansas Water Supply Small System Operator certification and Kansas Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator Class I certification. A high school diploma or GED is required. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate tractor, backhoe, skid steer and other equipment as needed. Must be able to read, understand, and maintain maps and records of water and sewer system. Computer skills are required. Successful candidate will possess good written and verbal communication skills, as well as good organizational and interpersonal skills. Residency within five miles of the City of Cunningham is required within six months of employment, unless waiver granted by City Council. Employment is subject to background check, drug screen and physical exam.
Application is available at City Hall, 119 N. Main Street in Cunningham or email email@example.com or on city website at https://cunninghamks.net/
Send completed application to the City of Cunningham, PO Box 188, Cunningham, Kansas 67035. The City of Cunningham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position remains open until filled.